Updated: Mar 8, 2020
1. Females are born with all eggs (oocytes) that they will ever have stored in their ovaries, around 2 million of them!
2. When a woman isn’t pregnant her uterus is only 3 inches long and 2 inches wide, during pregnancy it expands about 500 times its original size!
3. Your vagina is around the same acidity as a tomato! Tomatoes are quite acidic, with a pH that varies between 4.0 and 4.7, The pH of the vagina averages 4.5.
4. The external genitalia of both genders are initially indifferent! They develop from the same embryonic tissue and look exactly the same until around 12 weeks gestation!
5. The placenta is an organ, it is the only organ that is temporary. It leaves your body with the baby.